April 29th, 2023
Experience some of the most scenic and challenging sections of the iconic Western States Trail as you cover up to 16,000’ through the Canyons between Devil’s Thumb and the famous river crossing at Rucky Chucky.
The route starts in the Historic Downtown Auburn heading to Robie Point and the WS Trail, dropping down and over No Hands bridge passing HWY 49 across the bridge, and Old Foresthill Rd to Confluence Trail to enter Mammoth Bar OHV on Stonewall Trail. Head up Eastside trail and connect to Foresthill Divide loop to Drivers Flat continue down to Rucky Chucky. Take the WS trail and continue up to Foresthill Elementary School continue up Foresthill Rd to Bath Rd back onto WS Trail to Michigan Bluff Pass over Eldorado Creek. Continue to the Deadwood stay on the WS trail pass the Pump then take the steep Devil’s Thumb descent to Swinging Bridge back up to Loop 6 with amazing views then back to Deadwood and a big drop into Eldorado Canyon the final big climb to China Wall.
*Course maps subject to change.
- Minimum water supply: 1 liter of hydration capacity
- Reusable cup
- One (1) working headlamp with spare cells/batteries.
- Recommendation of 200 lumens or more for the main light
- Jacket with hood for bad weather in the mountains/course terrain.
- Running pack to carry recommended gear throughout the race.
- Additional Nutrition recommendation: 800 kcal (2 gels + 2 energy bars)
- Mobile/Cell phone (smartphone strongly recommended)
- Mobile/Cell phone with international roaming that works in the United States of America.
- Each runner should save the organization's safety phone #'s
- ID –passport/ID card
- Survival blanket of 1.40m x 2m minimum / 55 inches x 80 inches.